11.16.2011

Get Moving Challenge : 100 [Miles] for the Holidays by Healthy Girl!

When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no "I'll start tomorrow." Tomorrow is disease.
- Terri Guillemets
Love This!! #GETSOME

Morning Brickhouses!!!

Thank you for all of the wonderful birthday wishes I received on Facebook Monday was truly a wonderful day! 

Now that R30 is over, I am taking a little break from the DVD exercise routine and will be jog/walking each morning while still incorporating weight training at the gym or at home! Kyla of Healthy Girl! is sponsoring a challenge : 100 [Miles] for the Holidays. This challenge is totally doable for ANY and EVERY fitness level! Basically the challenge is to log 100 miles of walking/jogging/running etc by Christmas! This is a great time to get a head start on your fitness before the Jan 1 resolution rush!! Here is a sample workout schedule for your walk/jog/runs:

  • 2 miles a day/ 7 days a week until the 23rd = 14 miles a week = 7 weeks 
  • 5k (3.1 miles), 5 times a week = 16 miles a week = 6.25 weeks
  • 5k, 3 times a week. 2 miles, 3 days a week = 15.6 miles a week = 6.5 weeks
  • 4 miles/4 days a week-16 miles a week = 6.25 weeks
I didn't know about this challenge until yesterday, but Kyla started the challenge on Sunday so I can include the 5k I ran/jog/walked on Sunday!! Plus on Monday I ran/jog/walked  four miles!! So that's seven miles logged so far! Only 93 to go!! LET'S GET IT!!!



Not sure which river this is! I ran on the Greenway at Two River's Parkway

The inbound part of my jog/walk!

 So if you want to join the 100 [Miles] Holidays challenge let Kyla know here. You can also comment here on the blog, on the LGI Fitness FB Page, or by emailing me at lgifitnessbykef@gmail.com and I will relay the info to Kyla.

Try to move today!! Your fitness journey starts with YOU!! Walk around your neighborhood, walk around your building at work or school! Take the kids out, take the dog on a longer walk, grab a buddy...JUST GET MOVING!!! You can do it! LET'S GET IT!!!

Have a fit-abulous day!!

-KEF
xoxo

#operationbrickhouse
#100fortheholidays
#LETS GET IT
#GETSOME

PS. I am proud to have been offered membership as a top health blogger at Wellsphere's Health Blogging Network. This company's mission  is to help millions of people live healthier, happier lives by connecting them with the knowledge, people and tools they need to manage and improve their health. I am honored to have been considered as someone who can provide quality health and wellness content to millions of people daily who are working to change their lives! Be on the lookout for more content from this company and LGI Fitness by KEF!

1 comment:

Please add your name at the beginning of the comment so I can know who you are :)