11.28.2011

LET'S GET IT TIGHT!!! : Home Workouts w/Coach Christian

Morning Brickhouses!!

I know for me when I started on my fitness journey I wasn't exactly sure where to start. I honestly didn't know what I was supposed to do besides hitting a cardio machine and eating smaller portions. It wasn't until I had a consultation with Coach Christian at my employee gym, that I learned about the RMR method, and the importance of strength training for weight loss. Christian was able to break it down so well, that a light bulb went off in my head and everything clicked into place regarding what I needed to do to get and stay fit.

The information that Christian has given to me over the last year has been invaluable. He along with my other trainer Coach Katie have given me the confidence to start my blog and work towards pursuing my personal training certification!

Each week Christian will be bringing over 10 years of experience in the fitness industry to you, providing customized at-home workouts that require little to no equipment that can be done 2-3 times a week in addition to cardio. He's a hilarious, generous and dedicated trainer and I don't mind sharing him with all of you!!



        FOR THIS WORKOUT YOU WILL NEED : 
  • A pair of 5-10 lb weights      
  • Physio Ball [optional]
  • Mat [optional]

As I said before, Christian's workouts will be done with little to no equipment and there will always be alternatives given if you don't have the fitness equipment we use in the workouts.

When I have a training session with Christian, he always has me warm up on a cardio machine for 5- 10 minutes while he writes my workout on the board:


 TOTAL BODY!!!

 
  1. Dumbell Thrusters- With legs a little wider than hip width apart, squat down with a straight back, push up through your legs, while thrusting your arms up. 15 reps
 2. Burpees- Jump down in to push-up position, push up, stand up and JUMP!!! 5 reps [BRUTAL!!!]

3. Leg Curl- Start with ankles on the edge of ball, lift hips and glutes up in a "bridge" position, roll ball towards you moving in and out.  
Hip Extension- [Alternate] Lift hips and glutes in a "bridge" position, move in and out of bridge position without letting your butt hit the ground. 15 reps

4. Side to Sides- With feet on the ground, lift abs into a "crunch" position, keep the crunch and with your arms reach to the inside of knee on either side. Move in a side to side motion. 30 reps

5. Bent Over Row- With knees bent, start with arms in front of you pulling up and inward to your chest.
15 reps

6. PUSH-UPS!!!- Pick a style, any style!! 15 Reps

Repeat using AMRAP [As Many Rounds As Possible] within 20 minutes. One round includes all the exercises above. Once finished, hit a cardio machine or take a walk, jog, bike, rollerblade etc.

After the workout + cardio, you should have a nice 45 min - 1 hour workout that when used consistently will  leave you lean, tight and toned!! Stay tuned next week for another workout from Coach Christian! I will have them each Monday so if you are looking to mix up or set up a workout for your week it will be available!!

Have a fit-abulous day!!!

-KEF
xoxo

#operationbrickhouse
#fitandtoned
#getsome
#athomeworkouts

PS. If you are in the Nashville/Murfreesboro, Tennessee area, Christian offers personal training services. Check him out here.

2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be trying this out.
    Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn said:
    I am going to get up off of my pew of do-nothing and try this out. You are SUCH an INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your name at the beginning of the comment so I can know who you are :)