TGIF and Happy New Year's Eve-Eve!! New beginnings happen each morning but there is just something about the New Year!!
Sunday I start Supreme 90 Day and my training for my first half marathon in April! So psyched!!
My sister Kyla of Healthy Girl! has been on a hiatus due to finals (She got a 3.77!!!) and getting a chance to relax with her BF Bri-guy and his family for winter break! She is back now and is answering your questions!
HEALTHY GIRL! FRIDAY
Q: I have heard so many conflicting thing, is it better to have 3 square meals a day or more frequent small meals like five a day?
A: According to Bodybuilding.com under the Meal Frequency tab eating smaller, more frequent meals is best! One of the most important and simplest things you can do to lose fat easily is to eat smaller, more frequent meals.
- This means eating six or seven small meals a day instead of the usual three big ones.
- Each time you eat, you stimulate your metabolism, which burns more calories.
- Eating this way also allows your body to make more efficient use of the nutrients you are putting in rather than trying to deal with a whole bunch of nutrients all at once.
- The process of digestion actually burns calories with protein (the building block of muscles - found in foods such as meat, eggs, soy, beans, dairy, etc.) requiring the greatest amount of energy to digest.
- By eating smaller, more frequent meals, your body will become a fat-burning machine!
I hope this helps!!
|OMG How cute are they?! (Kyla and Bri-guy)|
Thanks Kyla! Make sure you check out her blog for more fitness tips, she gives them daily! If you have a question for 'Healthy Girl! Friday's submit a question to her blog with LGI Fit written someplace, leave a comment on the LGI Fitness Facebook wall, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a fit-abulous New Year's weekend!!
This post is part of a Fitness Friday Blog Hop at http://www.jillconyers.com/ Click the picture above to read more posts from some amazing fitness bloggers!!