11.20.2011

LGI Life Lessons: OK OK...You're right!!!

"No one ever excused his way to success. "~Dave Del Dotto

Morning Brickhouses!!!

This time next week we will be full on into the holiday season can you believe it?! I swear this year just flew by but I am soooo glad that 2011 is coming to a close this year has been extra rough!! 

If you have been checking out the blog lately, you'll know that Healthy Girl! is hosting the 100 [Miles] for the Holidays challenge where you log in about 15-18 miles a week of jogging/walking/biking/moving etc. until Christmas. 

Since I ran a 5K last Sunday and did an impromptu birthday 4-mile run last Monday plus the challenge, I have caught the running bug! Last Tuesday and Wednesday it rained and I took to twitter to complain. My little brother/fitness Nazi didn't like it too much and told me about myself:

*can't

Now Imani is not my blood brother, but he is the absolute closest thing to a real brother. He rags on me, jokes on me, laughs with me AND at me! So this type of twabuse (twitter+abuse) is common with us! Plus he really holds me accountable for my fitness and eating habits which is great to have.

I think he meant 'adversity'

Daaaaaannnngggg!! So right!! I definitely let the rain give me an excuse as to why I couldn't run! I talked myself out of being a runner before I even had time to make it a habit! I thought to myself, "How many times have I done this?" Not necessarily fitness related, but in life in general? Talked myself out of finding a new job, finishing a challenging class, meeting new people, having new experiences? 

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anyone else expects of you.  Never excuse yourself.  ~Henry Ward Beecher


He wins again... Imani- 978  KEF- 4

Lesson learned! Like they say, "From the mouth of babes..." 

Have a fit-abulous day!!!

 -KEF
xoxo
#operationbrickhouse
#getsome
#100milesfortheholidayschallenge
#getfitstayfit
#blackgirlsrun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your name at the beginning of the comment so I can know who you are :)